Project Update - October 2017
The contractor is scheduled, weather permitting, to remove the pavement and pour the concrete curb and driveway at the Alexian Brothers main entrance off of Leicester Road next weekend. The main entrance will be closed at 7:00am on Friday, October 20th and reopened by 7:00am on Monday, October 23rd. A detour will be posted to direct vehicles utilize the Alexian Way entrance and parking garage to and from Leicester Road.
Beginning Monday, October 2nd the contractor will reopen the two Leicester intersections of Wellington Avenue and Gloucester Drive. Then they will move into Phase 3A of the project. In this phase Leicester Road will be closed to all southbound traffic south of Gloucester Drive. Two way traffic will remain open from Biesterfield Road to Alexian’s main entrance. Traffic north of Alexian’s main entrance will reduced to Northbound traffic only to Gloucester Drive. (See Map Below)
In addition, the contractor will begin the removal and replacement of the brick crosswalk at the intersection of Biesterfield and Leicester.
Leicester Road Detour
Click for More Detail
This summer the will be reconstructing Leicester Road from Biesterfield Road north to Wellington Avenue as part of the Village’s long-range capital plan Elk Grove 2025: Investing for the Future. The project is anticipated to begin in July and be completed by mid-November. The project includes full depth pavement removal and replacement, curb, sidewalk and driveway apron removal and replacement, new water main installation, repairs to the existing storm sewer system and landscaping restoration. The work will be staged to ensure access to Alexian Brothers Medical Center and residential properties remains available throughout the duration of the project. Traffic detour signage will be posted to assist motorists around the construction.The project will be broken into 5 main stages as follows:
- Stage 1 – Installation of the Water Main from Biesterfield Road to Wellington Avenue (Two-way traffic will be maintained)
- Stage 2 – Reconstruction of Leicester Road from just south of Gloucester Drive to Wellington Avenue (Complete closure of Leicester Road from the Gloucester Dr to Wellington Ave including both intersections)
- Stage 3a – Reconstruction of the west side of Leicester Road from Alexian Way to just south of Gloucester Drive (Northbound One-way Traffic Only. Access to Alexian Brothers and Condominiums will be maintained.)
- Stage 3b – Reconstruction of the east side of Leicester Road from Alexian Way to just south of Gloucester Drive (Northbound One-way Traffic Only. Access to Alexian Brothers and Condominiums will be maintained.)
- Stage 3c – Reconstruction of Leicester Road between the two Alexian Brothers entrances (Complete closure of Leicester between these two driveways. Access to Alexian Brothers and Condominiums will be maintained.)
- Stage 4 – Complete closure of Alexian Brothers main entrance from Leicester Road (This work will take place over the weekend. The entrance will be reopened by 6:00am the following Monday.)
- Stage 5a – Grinding and placement of the HMA surface course from Biesterfield Rd to Wellington Avenue (This work will take place over the weekend)
- Stage 5b – Landscape restoration and roadway striping (Two-way traffic will be maintained)
Over the next few months I will be providing you with updates on the Leicester Road Construction project in an attempt to keep everyone as informed as possible. Our goal is to complete this project with minimum disruption to everyone. The Village thanks you in advance for your patience and understanding. If at any time you have a concern or question, please feel free to contact me at 847-734-8077.